Tuesday, October 25, 2022

I Refuse to Get Old...But I Seem to Have Given Up

 Lately I just don't seem like the Emily I used to be.

Well, I'm not, afterall.  Fifty-three years old (I don't look it, seriously, I do not), too many pounds again, physical ailments...for a long time I have given up.

Renewed interest, as well as mindfulness and positivity, rearing their beautiful heads once again have definitely and delightfully coaxed my big ostrich head out of the sand.

I'm going for it. I am ready to take back my life, not give up and get my act together.

You see, physical issues, when left to fester the positive side of you, eating away at mindset, will definitely take their toll...for me, it causes depression.  Not good. 

At my current age, I have remembered what I felt like as little as ten years ago. More overweight than now, I had a gym membership, I made it to the gym everyday.  Fitness goals.  I lost inches, however not pounds. My failure there was that I needed a difference in lifestyle choices, healthier eating, ditch most of those simple carbs and take abundance in plant-based and natural foods.

I know that now...I can be that gal that is healthy...I have already been that gal who is not.

While I do not intend to come off as being bossy about it, or a know-it-all, I have every intention of sharing my personal journey with those who listen (in this case, read) of handy dandy bits of information I am learning...relearning as well.

One health related goal I aspire to achieve is cessation of my awful smoking habit.  Today is day one.  

Wish me health!

Please feel free to leave a comment about your health journey, experiences, tips and tricks.

Encouragement is what we all need the most, as well as a positive mindset!

I got this! WE GOT THIS!!


Love and Light

Have a great day, evening, or whatever time of day this post reaches you.


Emily

 

EVERY JOURNEY BEGINS WITH THE FIRST STEP

1 comment:

  1. Great insight, girl!! Take care of you.. One day at a time! I can say I personally have made positive gains this year with my job position change...I am less anxious and feel more positive because ofot. I'm learning to leave work at work and to make time for me when I can... I also know getting back to in person church has been overwhelmingly helpful. It has helped me to be mindful of who I am and whose I am. Love you girl!! Praying for you and your journey

    ReplyDelete

It's The Most Stressful Time Of The Year...Naw

 Yuletide! Sleigh Bells! Cookies! Shopping! Cheers! Bills.... I swear I am not a Scrooge or Grinch...I am tired. DH and I have decided to ce...